Information for Southfleet residents on Local Government Council’s responsibilities

The Parish Council assists with any problems residents may have and is a Consultee of Dartford Borough Council with Planning applications affecting the parish; for those which may have a major impact it may organise a public meeting to inform residents. The Council is also a consultee of the many KCC and Government documents received, and responds to all that will have an impact on the parish.


Southfleet Parish Council are always happy to assist Residents who are having difficulties with an issue affecting them. However, it may help in the first instance to contact the Council responsible for matters including:-

Kent County Council highways issues including vegetation cuts alongside the Highway, please report your complaint to:Highways

Kent County Council Public Right of Way maintenance please report your complaint to:- Footpaths

The low level Footpath in Station Road which is owned by Dartford Borough Council – please report your complaint to- Dartford

Planning issues and enforcement – Dartford Borough Council- please report your enquiry to:- Planning

Dartford Borough Council Housing issues – please report your enquiry to:- Housing